A lot of elderly people decide to sell their home. Usually, it is because they are either going to downsize or move into a retirement community. With that in mind, here are some things you can do to help them sell their home.
How to encourage a quick sale
If your loved one is moving into a retirement community, it is likely you will want to sell their existing home sooner rather than later. Here are some things you can do…
- Sweeten the deal – Have you considered offering incentives to sweeten the deal? If buyers feel like they are getting a great deal they are going to be more inclined to make an offer. From memberships at exclusive clubs to transferable home warranties, the perks you could offer are endless! Think about what is going to appeal most in relation to your type of buyer.
- Joint open house – Team up with the competition! A joint open house can actually be way more effective than having one on your own. You will draw in much more buyers as it is more convenient for them to view several homes at once. And, your marketing combined with the other seller’s approach is assured to reach a greater number of people.
- Increase the asking price – Your parents’ property could actually be failing to sell because it is too cheap. Do your research and see what comparable properties are being sold at. Never use the number 9 when pricing your home! Not only does $299,999 look unappealing but you will appear in viewer results on property portals. Why? You only fit in the category of $200,000 to $300,000. If you priced your home at £300,000 you would fit into the former category and $300,000 to $400,000.
Five things you can do today to get your parents’ home sold
Instead of sitting there and feeling frustrated, do these following five things today…
- Buy some new bedding – Freshen up their bedrooms with some new and modern bedding. This will instantly breathe some new life into the rooms.
- Update your Twitter and Facebook pages – Drum up some fresh interest by updating your Twitter and Facebook pages. Ask your friends if they would share your status for you, so that you can get the ball rolling. With social media marketing, you have to update regularly if you want success.
- Take new photographs of your home – Freshen up the photographs of your parents’ property. Add some seasonal elements to make it relevant and to create a welcoming atmosphere.
- Call your estate agent – Ask him if there has been any interest in the home. Enquire about the general feedback so you can see where maybe you are going wrong. Don’t excuse your agent of not doing their job – you need to keep them onside, especially now!
- Buy some new cushions – The impact of a set of new cushions can have on your living room is huge. You will instantly notice a difference, and, it won’t cost you much either.
So there you have it: some tips that can help you to help your parents sell their home! Good luck!
Loved this article? Feel free to sign up to my free newsletter below so you won’t miss out on any of my posts.
Thanks for spending your precious time here. If you like this article you can also join me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. You can also join my group “Creative Minds” for creative crafty people on Facebook and share your projects and ideas.