If you enjoy lemon flavoured foods like I do, I promise you will fall in love with this delicious lemon coconut dessert. It’s a Donna Hay recipe that I discovered a couple of years ago, and has been a really easy dessert to whip out quickly when we are entertaining guests. Unless you are one of those rare people who don’t like lemons, you are going to love this recipe.
I have to warn you, this lemony dessert is rich really rich. I of course decided I can handle rich foods and ate a little more than I should have the last time I baked it up. I can assure you, that’s not a great idea. Ash shook her head at me when she saw me sizing up a rather large slice, and then shook her head at me again when I admitted to her that I could not finish the entire slice. I had to pop the remainder in the fridge and eat it for morning tea the next day.
The first time you create this recipe you may question if you have the recipe correct. I expected the pudding mix to be the consistency of a cake mix, but it is actually quite runny. I checked the recipe a number of times, and then decided to just pop it in the oven and see what happens. So happy I did, because it was lemony perfection in a bowl.
LEMON COCONUT PUDDING RECIPE
- 100g butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 400nl can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup lactose free milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free SR Flour
- icing sugar, to serve
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180c/160c fan-forced.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, rind and egg yolks until pale and creamy.
- Gradually add coconut milk, milk and lemon juice as you beat the mixture.
- Sift flour over the mixture and fold until just combined. Clean beaters.
- Using your electric mixer and a different bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then fold the egg whites into the butter mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 6cm deep, 20x30cm ovenproof dish
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and almost set.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Loved this recipe? Feel free to follow my Recipes Board so you can always find my recipes.
Thanks for spending your precious time here. If you like this article you can also join me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. You can also join my group “Creative Minds” for creative crafty people on Facebook and share your projects and ideas.