How has your week been? We’ve had quite a busy week around here. As well as having my mother here for a visit, we’ve had quite a few fun things that we’ve been invited to. This afternoon Ashli is off at a Bonfire Party, and while I could have gone with her, I decided to stay home and have a little me time. Mum is comfortable on the sofa with my tablet (she loves that thing), and Cleo and I are hanging out in my bedroom watching tv and blogging, while Ash is off being young and fun, and eating the gluten free banana cake I baked up this morning with her friends.
I’ve raised my girl to always have a gift for her hosts, so I baked up the cake this morning as a special treat for our friends who have celiac. The cake is so delicious, and moist, you would never guess that it’s gluten free. If you ask me, that’s exactly how gluten free food should be. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think, I’m pretty certain you will love it as much as we do.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA CAKE RECIPE
- 3 overripe bananas
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup lsa mix
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- So first up, you want to grease a 20cm cake tin, you know the springform ones, and pre-heat your oven to 180c.
- Put all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are combine.
- Pour the mixture into the greased cake tin and bake for 40min – 1 hour. It really depends on your oven, mine tends to take longer so the cake took me 1 hour. Just keep an eye on it and make sure the top does not burn.
Loved this recipe? Feel free to follow my Recipes Board so you can always find my recipes.
Thanks for spending your precious time here. If you like this article you can also join me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. You can also join my group “Creative Minds” for creative crafty people on Facebook and share your projects and ideas.