Ever since Ash was very young, Friday nights have been family night in our home. Sometimes we enjoy a few movies, other times we’ve pulled out the board games, or even play xbox together. One thing we’ve always had right from the very first family night, are special treats. I always bake something yummy for us to enjoy while we’re hanging.
This week I had some over-ripe bananas that needed to be used, so I decided to whip up some banana cake, over-ripe bananas make the best banana cake. This is one of Ashlis favourite recipes, so she’s pretty happy, and a whole cake means we can share with friends we have visiting tomorrow afternoon, I’ll just store 2 slices away for later.
The cake is really easy to make, and is so lovely and moist. I’ve baked it a few times for friends and there has never been a slice left behind on the plate. I always feel like that’s how you know your recipes are okay, if the plate is empty. Let me know what you think though, I love feedback, especially when it comes to recipes I have posted on the blog. I always have this fear that I love the recipe, but maybe my taste buds are a little out of whack.
EASY MOIST BANANA CAKE RECIPE
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sugar icing)
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180c.(350F)
- First thing I usually do is mash the bananas with a fork, in a small bowl.
- I then throw all the other ingredients into a large bowl together and mix. Our electric mixer died a few months ago and I haven’t gotten around to buying a new one, so we just mix by hand.
- Grease your cake tin (or line it). I usually grease the sides and put baking paper in the bottom because this is a pretty moist cake, and the bottom sticks to the bottom of plates when its baked.
- Pour your mixture into the cake tin and bang it into the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When its baked, leave it to cool for a bit.
- When its cooled, add your frosting. I personally love Cream Cheese Frosting with Banana Cake.
Loved this recipe? Feel free to follow my Recipes Board so you can always find my recipes.
Thanks for spending your precious time here. If you like this article you can also join me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. You can also join my group “Creative Minds” for creative crafty people on Facebook and share your projects and ideas.