Weekend is done and dusted, hopefully yours was a good one. Something that has become a Sunday ritual for me is to bake myself some gluten free breakfast bars for the following week.
This recipe was a bit of a happy accident, I had started out making a recipe from one of the free magazines at the supermarket but didn’t read the instructions properly, well okay, I just kind of skimmed them. Half way through mixing the ingredients, I had a thought that perhaps I should just check I was on the right track, but as it turned out, I had missed a few vital steps. I don’t know why I did that, I think I just assumed I knew what to do.
Not wanting to waste the ingredients, I decided to push on and try to salvage what I could, so I added some extra things, made some adjustments and voila, the breakfast bars you see here happened. Don’t you love it when things turn out that way!
So I’ve been eating these bars for about a week now, and I am loving them. I made another batch and decided to omit the chocolate topping the second time, and you know, I still love them. Anyway, give them a try, I’d love to know if the recipe is actually good, or if I am the only person who things so.
EASY GLUTEN FREE BREAKFAST BARS RECIPE
- Pre-heat oven to 180 celcius
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Dice prunes finely, making sure to remove pits
- Mix diced prunes with other wet ingredients into dry mixture
- Press mixture into the base of a slice tray
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and leave to cool
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave, making sure to check it every 15 seconds so it does not burn
Loved this recipe? Feel free to follow my Recipes Board so you can always find my recipes.
Thanks for spending your precious time here. If you like this article you can also join me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. You can also join my group “Creative Minds” for creative crafty people on Facebook and share your projects and ideas.