Email marketing has been part of the digital marketing sphere for a long time, and continues to enjoy high conversion rates when marketers apply effective strategies. Sending an email to just anyone is not how this tactic works. There has to be a planned strategy to make it successful – for better conversions and even for SEO. This guide looks into some golden principles for highly effective email marketing campaigns:
Be Clear With Your Target Audience
First and foremost, you must know who you’re writing the email for otherwise you can end up with a great deal of irrelevant content. Consider the following:
- Who is your target audience and what kind of content resonates best with them?
- What challenges and pain points does your audience face? Can you write an email that addresses and finds solutions to these challenges?
- What does your target audience want and how can you provide value?
- How can you make a real impact with your target audience? Perhaps you could share an offer or a value-add to turn them into customers.
- How can you promote specific keywords and phrases that will trigger click throughs from your target audience?
When you send general marketing emails, your product or service will likely go unnoticed. Utilise your efforts towards the right target audience for the most impact.
Be Specific With Content Message
Your content message needs to be as specific as possible to trigger interest with your audience. General emails are almost always ignored. Consider the following:
- A specific message helps to drive audience interest and will generate better click throughs and conversion rates over time.
- A well-defined subject will build interest and compel your audience to open the email but it’s important to use specific keywords and short sentences.
- Content with a specific intention and call to action generally triggers more open rates and click throughs than general email content.
Your audience simply doesn’t have the time to open every email to decide what is and isn’t relevant. So make sure you understand them well before penning email content to suit their needs. You’ll find much better success that way!
Use Email Communication To Connect To Other Channels
Email marketing should be used as effectively as possible if you’re looking to general real results for your business. With this, you can use this form of communication as a way to connect to other channels for a multitude of benefits:
- Email marketing allows you to connect to social media channels – giving you access to a much wider audience over time.
- Email marketing allows you to advertise your product – but you can offer even more details and value on other channels to showcase a range of offerings from your business.
- Email marketing used as a communication tactic for several channels will ultimately help boost your SEO because of extended audience engagement.
E-mails are meant to be a medium for networking. You can use them to network your other social media channels for your ultimate benefit.
Make Sure The Audience Understands Your Call To Action
Ultimately, email marketing is to drive a specific action from your target audience. So they need to understand exactly what you want from them. Consider the following:
- A clear call to action showcases your worth in your audience’s eyes – they understand clearly what you want from them through well-crafted wordings and eye-catching statements.
- A clear call to action demonstrates how valuable your content is because the audience not only understands your email, but will follow through on what you’re asking.
- A clear call to action allows you to build a valuable relationship with the reader for the long haul – your emails will have better open rates, click throughs and conversions.
- A clear call to action should be big enough for the reader to find but shouldn’t take up the whole page without any valuable content to accompany it.
- A clear call to action introduces a sense of urgency (within reason) to garner better click-through rates.
When you’re clear with your content and call to action, you’ll notice a great deal of success with your email marketing efforts.
Every business has to start somewhere, so why not give it your best shot with a simple and easy email campaign that employs these golden principles.